You must have heard or seen the brand “Huawei” and you might have pronounced it wrongly. The correct pronunciation is “Wah-Way“. While you may not be aware of what the Huawei brand represents, it is a highly successful brand that has most likely affected your life at some point.
1. Yes, Huawei makes modems but they do a whole lot more!
2. The P9, Huawei’s flagship device has the best camera in the world. It should come as no surprise that Huawei is the maker of the sleek, high quality P9 with the groundbreaking dual lens camera. About half of Huawei staff are in research and development with centers in Germany, Sweden, the US, France, Italy, Russia, India, and China.
3. The Huawei brand is present in more than 170 countries.
4. Huawei is the Number 1 supplier in Nigeria’s telecoms market with over 60% market share.
5. Huawei is a Fortune Global 500 company. It is number 129 a long way from 228 last year – no mean feat. Listed among firms like BMW, Nestlé and Pfizer – Huawei is no doubt a global brand.
6. Huawei is the 3rd largest vendor of mobile phones globally with more than 27million units sold in 2015.
7. A training center was commissioned in 2004 in Abuja and can accommodate 2000+ trainees every year.
8. Huawei is the maker of the Nexus 6p, a phone that was widely acclaimed to be the best android phone in 2015. They partnered with google to make the highly successful 6p.
9. Huawei was awarded ‘European Consumer Smartphone 2015 – 2016‘ for the Huawei P8.
10. The Huawei brand has far reaching tentacles ranging from mobile phones to modems to cloud services. Huawei also makes technology to improve the technological experience of drivers on the road by developing connected car technology.