Changing imei of Android OS 4.2(JELLYBEAN) and below smartphones has been very easy with MTK Engineering Mode, Mobile Uncle MTK Tool, etc. Android kitkat and lollipop device are now available in Nigeria so tweaking IMEI of Android KitKat and Lollipop smartphones has slight changes.
Below is a tutorial on how to change your Android 4.4 KitKat and Android 5.0 Lollipop smartphones using INNJOO FIRE as my case study.
How Can I Change imei of my android smartphone
– MTK Engineering Mode
1. Go to playstore and download MTK Engineering mode
2. Install and run it on your device
3. Open engineering mode >> Click on Engineer Mode (MTK) >> Swipe left to Connectivity >> click on CDS
Information >> Radio Information
4. Click on phone 1. If you want to change your sim1 or sim2, follow this steps:
For Phone 1:
“ AT +EGMR=1,7,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you space AT +EGMR)
For Phone 2:
“ AT +EGMR=1,10,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO”
5. Press the “Send At Command”.
You should receive a message that your ‘AT command msent’
6. Reboot your device and dial *#06# to view your new IMEI.
NOTE: If you want to change your IMEI to a Blackberry IMEI, First of all generate your 15digits blackberry IMEI or request for one using the comment box below.
If you have questions concerning this tutorial kindly share them on our comment box below we would love to assist you on it.