Smartphone producers Xiaomi, has being providing mid-end smart phone users what they want. In typical fashion, the Xiaomi has announced another mid-range smartphone Redmi 3. This new smartphone takes consumers expectation to another level, as it sports a brand new Snapdragon chip, a metal chassis, and a massive 4100 mAh battery, all for $106 (#21,200 – based on CBN’s exchange rate)
Redmi 3 spec Fact Sheet
- 5-inch 720P HD display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage with microSD card slot (supports up to 128GB)
- 4100mAh battery with 5V/2A fast charging
- 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; 144g
- 13-megapixel, F/2.0 rear camera with PDAF for fast 0.1s autofocus – 5-megapixel F/2.2 front camera
- Dual SIM (second slot doubles as microSD card slot)
The downside here is that Xiaomi will begin sales of Redmi 3 on the 12 of Jan, 2016 in China, before debuing and selling in other countries, where the Chinese phone makers operate.
Judging by the specs of the Redmi 3, it is a really good deal for a good phone, however, I am certain you and I won’t complain if its cheaper. We should be expecting it to debut in the Nigeria and Africa at large, any time soon. Its worth waiting for.